Bruno Sammartino was on The NB Show (@TheNBShow) with Nick Buzzelli & Bryan Chechak and discussed his experience over WrestleMania weekend. Below are highlights, a couple of quotes, and the links to listen to the 3 part interview.
– What surprised/disappointed him about WrestleMania weekend
– What he has to say to his critics i.e. Superstar Billy Graham & Mark Madden that claim money was a major reason why Bruno accepted the offer from the WWE.
– When the last time he was asked to go into the WWE Hall of Fame
– Did he like WrestleMania? What was his favorite match?
– Bruno tells the story of meeting with Vince McMahon for the first time after all these years on the night of the Hall of Fame. He is a great story teller; you will feel like you are in the room with them.
– Making up with Ric Flair
– Importance on a WWE Hall of Fame location
– Statue of Bruno Sammartino in the works for Pittsburgh
– Why he did not appear on Monday Night Raw in March when it was in Pittsburgh
– Bruno tells us he will be on the Legends of Wrestling Roundtable.
– Bruno Sammartino The Movie update
Was the weekend, including the Hall of Fame Ceremony & WrestleMania 29 what he expected it to be like?
No. It was even more busy. In 3 or 4 days I don’t think I had more than a couple hours of sleep. They had me going from morning to night. So many different interviews for radio, television, & magazine. They just had so many lined up, I had no idea that I was going to be that busy and not have time to mingle a little bit with some of the friends I saw there. It was just go go go, I mean it was extremely busy.
Did he miss being infront of the large crowds?
I’ll be honest with you. Yes WrestleMania was big, they had 70,000/80,000 I was told, but it met a heck of a lot more to me to be back in Madison Square Garden. To be back in the garden one more time after all these years, after making so many appearances for so many years that was, for me, more thrilling. It was emotional to be back there because I have so many memories of Madison Square Garden. Keep in mind, I headlined Madison Square Garden more than anyone in the history of the garden. That place is special to me. It really gave me tremendous publicity worldwide because of Madison Square Garden. That’s the most famous arena in the world.
Will we ever see him on Raw?
Here is what I agreed with them on. They are going to do a video game on me, they are going to do some DVDs of my best matches and all that kind of stuff. I think they are going to do some merchandise like new dolls and stuff like that. I don’t know what else. T-shirts, they are going to do all these kind of things. So I’m sure, even though I have no commitments, they will come to me about appearances here and there. But again, I wouldn’t sign any agreement to any of that because the way I worked it out with them is that I’d be willing in some areas, but all they can do is ask me and then I will have the right to say yes or no. I don’t want to be in a situation where they could call me and be like ‘hey you are going to appear on Monday Night Raw in Tennessee next Monday’ or ‘you’re going to be in Boston’ I wouldn’t go for any of that. If they called me for one of these things, I’d have to see if I was up to it at the time and let them know.
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-AGz9pL5k8
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj6U7FTZ_wY
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMGMegPijW8