- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens with Michael Cole welcoming us to the Scottrade Center in St. Louis. Out comes WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels to the ring.
Shawn thanks everyone who voted for him to be the special referee for Hell In a Cell. He knows everyone is concerned about the personal feelings he has towards the people involved in the match. He talks about training Daniel Bryan years ago. Shawn admits he’s never liked Randy Orton and his best friend is Triple H. Shawn says this match isn’t about him – it’s about the two competitors and it’s about crowning a new WWE Champion. Shawn talks about his history with the Cell. Out comes Randy Orton.
Orton talks about the people of St. Louis and then says they’re not all bright. Orton says HBK resents him because Orton will always be that much better than Shawn. Shawn acts like he wasn’t even listening to Orton. Shawn says Orton needs to worry about Daniel Bryan. Orton says he’s going to destroy and hurt Bryan at Hell In a Cell while Shawn looks on. Fans start chanting “no!” and Orton tells them to shut up. Shawn asks if Orton is trying to intimidate him. HBK warns Orton that he’s going to kick his pretty head off his pretty shoulders if he puts his hands on him. HBK does the “two words” and turns his back. Orton goes for a RKO but Shawn dodges it. HBK goes for Sweet Chin Music but Orton slides out of the ring. The Miz runs down and attacks Orton from behind, beating him down at ringside. Referees try to pull The Miz off Orton. Miz gets in the ring as we go to commercial.
The Miz vs. Randy Orton
Back from the break and the match is underway. Orton takes control and nails clotheslines in the corner. Orton runs into a right hand and Miz fights back, sending Orton to the floor. Miz lands on his feet on the floor as Orton side steps and drops Miz with a clothesline. Orton brings it back in the ring for a 2 count.
Orton starts stomping away and covers for another pin attempt. Back and forth now. Orton tosses Miz over the top rope again. Orton puts Miz on top of the barrier for a draping DDT but Miz counters and rams Orton back into the ring post. Orton rolls in the ring and The Miz follows. Miz ducks a clothesline and makes a comeback. Miz unloads and drops Orton with a knee to the head. Miz with the clothesline in the corner. Miz goes to the top and comes crashing down on Orton. Orton counters a Skull Crushing Finale but Miz keeps control. Miz drops Orton and goes for the Figure Four but the lights go out and The Wyatt’s quick video flashes on the screen. The lights come on and we see The Wyatt Family sitting on the stage. Orton takes advantage of Miz being distracted and nails a RKO for the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
- After the match, Bray speaks from his rocking chair on the stage. He says Miz is the epitome of everything he hates about this world. Wyatt asks about Miz’s obsession with fame. Wyatt wants to see Miz suffer, wants to put him down. Wyatt says to follow the buzzards and laughs as the lights go out and we go to commercial.
Santino Marella vs. Fandango
Back from the break and Fandango is in the ring dancing with Summer Rae. Out next comes his opponent Santino Marella.
Fandango shoves Santino and we get some comedy from Santino. Fandango fires back and beats him to the mat. Fandango keeps control and drops Santino for a 2 count. Fandango with a big suplex and some posing. Fandango goes to the top but Santino gets to his feet. Fandango lands on his feet but Santino looks to make a comeback. Santino with right hands and a hip toss. Santino drops a headbutt and pulls the Cobra out. Summer gets on the apron and distracts Santino, allowing Fandango to get the win with a roll up.
- Back from the break and Paul Heyman is talking with Brad Maddox backstage. Heyman shows Maddox footage of CM Punk using a low blow on Ryback at Battleground. Heyman wants something done. Maddox says Ryback already has his rematch at Hell In a Cell. Heyman wants more than that, he calls Punk a cheater. Heyman wants to pick the stipulation for their match. Heyman proposes Punk vs. Ryback and Curtis Axel in a handicap match. Maddox says that isn’t fair for Punk. Maddox announces a Beat the Clock Challenge for tonight – Ryback vs. R-Truth and CM Punk vs. Curtis Axel. If Ryback beats the clock, Heyman can pick any stipulation he wants. If Punk wins, then he gets to pick the stipulation.
- Michael Cole talks about how NXT star Xavier Woods has started an online petition to get Big Show re-hired.
- Cole talks about John Cena’s return at Hell In a Cell and we get a promo video.
Los Matadores vs. Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre
We go to the ring and out comes Los Matadores, Fernando and Diego, with El Torito. We go to commercial as they make their entrance.
Back from the break and 3MB have made their way out. McIntyre starts out with Diego. Diego with a top rope hurricanrana and tag to Fernando for some double teaming. Slater tags in and looks to get some offense in but gets sent out to the floor. Torito taunts Slater and Jinder Mahal on the floor. Diego leaps out onto the floor and takes Slater out before bringing him back in the ring. Slater nails a heel kick and stomps away before tagging in Drew for some double teaming. Drew with a 2 count.
Drew keeps control until Fernando turns it around and tags in his brother. Slater also comes in and they go at it. Drew gets sent out to the floor. Diego goes at it with Slater and takes his legs out with a sweep. Diego comes off the top rope and takes Slater out. He tags in his brother for some double teaming and the win.
Winners: Los Matadores
- After the match, Matadores pose with El Torito. Jinder gets on the apron but they bring him and send him to the mat. They lift Jinder up while Torito springboards in and nails a senton on him. Los Matadores and Torito celebrate to end it.
- Back from the break and out comes Triple H with Stephanie McMahon.
Stephanie starts speaking and a “you got knocked out” chant breaks out at Triple H. Stephanie talks about how they’ve helped Big Show out so much. She says they are selling Show’s house and pressing formal charges for assault. Stephanie says the reports of injuries are incorrect because he’s The Game, The King of Kings, The Cerebral Assassin. She says he earned these nicknames, he ruled the Attitude Era with an iron fist and now, he’s leading a new era. She says Triple H is WWE. Triple H says rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated. He’s been COO for two weeks now. He says he put aside his personal needs to make sure WWE was here for each and every one of us into the future. He says nobody likes the boss but he has put up with a lot – walk outs, insubordination, everything else. Triple H says every man has his breaking point and his was last week when he laid unconscious in the ring while fans chanted “yes.” A “yes” chant starts up now.
HHH says he and Stephanie must be the villains now. If we want him to be the bad guy, fine, he will be the bad guy. HHH says he will give us something like we’ve never seen before. HHH says Big Show will crumble at his feet. He says anyone in the locker room who defies their authority will beg to keep their job. HHH says anyone who even thinks the word “yes” better start to pray right now. A “yes” chant breaks out again and here comes Daniel Bryan to a big pop. Bryan chants “yes” from the stage until Alberto Del Rio attacks him from behind. Del Rio beats Bryan down the ramp as Stephanie and Triple H look on. Stephanie apologizes and asks if Bryan was saying something. Stephanie introduces Bryan to his opponent for tonight, the World Heavyweight Champion. Triple H mocks Bryan and starts chanting “yes” but the fans chant “no” back at him.
- Ryback is backstage walking with Paul Heyman and he’s in a hurry. We go to commercial.
Beat the Clock Challenge: Ryback vs. R-Truth
R-Truth makes his way to the ring as we see a replay of what just happened to Daniel Bryan. Out next comes Ryback with Paul Heyman.
The “Goldberg” chants start as soon as the bell rings. Truth goes outside of the ring to stall so he can add to the clock. Ryback brings it in and Truth stalls some more. Truth comes back in, ducks a clothesline, and goes right back to the floor. The clock is at 1 minute. Ryback comes back in and runs into a heel kick for a pin attempt by Truth. Truth goes back to the floor and wastes more time. Heyman gets in the way of Truth and Ryback attacks from behind. Ryback brings Truth back in for a 2 count.
More “Goldberg” chants as Ryback goes for another pin attempt. Lawler acknowledges the chants and plugs the new Goldberg DVD. Truth fights back but Ryback runs over him. More back and forth action with pin attempts from Ryback. Truth nails a big dropkick and takes Ryback’s knees out. More kicks and a low dropkick from Truth for a 2 count. Truth with right hands. Truth goes to the top and comes crashing down on Ryback for a 2 count. Ryback ends up getting the win at 5:44.
- Stephanie McMahon is walking backstage when she runs into The Bella Twins. She congratulates Brie Bella on her engagement. She brings up Daniel Bryan chanting “yes” last week when Triple H got knocked out and says he’s probably not chanting anything right now. Stephanie makes Brie vs. Tamina Snuka for tonight. Nikki is not allowed at ringside but AJ Lee is. Stephanie walks off.
- We get hype for the WWE 2K14 video game and The Undertaker’s Streak mode, which is featured in the game.
We go to the ring and out comes Tensai, Brodus Clay, Cameron and Naomi. They dance to the ring and we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Zeb Colter leads Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro to the ring. We get a side video from earlier today where Zeb had words for Los Matadores. Clay and Cesaro start the match off. Clay takes control and tags in Tensai for some double teaming. Tensai with headbutts in the corner. Tensai sends Cesaro flying and keeps control. Swagger tags in and takes Tensai’s knee out. Swagger works on the leg now.
Cesaro comes back in and keeps Tensai grounded. Cesaro takes Tensai to the corner with shoulder thrusts. Swagger tags in with thrusts of his own. Swagger nails a Swagger Bomb and Cesaro tags in for more double teaming. Cesaro with a 2 count. Another tag to Swagger, who keeps working on Tensai’s leg. They both go down on a double clothesline. Swagger stops Cesaro from tagging. Cesaro comes back in and hits a Neutralizer on Tensai for a close 2 count. Swagger tags back in and they keep Tensai in their corner. Clay finally tags in and runs over Cesaro with clotheslines. Clay with a big overhead suplex and a splash in the corner. Clay with a t-bone suplex for a 2 count as Swagger breaks the pin. Clay takes Swagger down and throws him to the floor. Cesaro with a huge uppercut to Clay. Cesaro hits the Neutralizer on Clay for the win.
Winners: Antonio Cesaro and Jack Swagger
- After the match, Cesaro grabs Clay’s leg but Tensai runs in. Swagger fights off Tensai and sends him to the floor. Fans cheer as Cesaro hits a big Cesaro Swing on Clay. Swagger, Cesaro and Zeb pose to end it.
- Still to come, Del Rio vs. Bryan. Back to commercial.
Tamina Snuka vs. Brie Bella
Back from the break and WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee is at ringside as Tamina Snuka waits in the ring. Brie Bella comes out next by herself. The match starts and Brie sends Tamina out to the floor early on. Brie leaps out from the apron and takes Tamina down. Tamina whips Brie into the apron and nails a huge clothesline from behind. Tamina brings Brie back in the ring and overpowers her some more.
Brie counters with a submission but Tamina gets to the ropes and breaks it. Tamina continues the assault and whips Brie with her vest. Tamina with a 2 count. Tamina with another headlock now. AJ ends up getting involved and costing Brie the win as Tamina runs over her.
Winner: Tamina Snuka
- After the match, Tamina nails a huge Samoan Drop on Brie as AJ looks on from outside the ring. Tamina with a shoulder breaker and a Superfly Splash from the top. AJ comes in the ring and locks in her Black Widow submission as referees try to pull her off. AJ screams at Brie to tap. Nikki comes down to check on her sister as AJ and Tamina are leaving the ring. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and Stephanie McMahon is backstage watching the Goldberg DVD where he faced Triple H Brad Maddox is there also. Daniel Bryan runs in and is furious at Stephanie for getting onto Brie Bella. Maddox and Bryan argue. Stephanie tells Bryan not to blame her for what happened to Brie. Stephanie dismisses Bryan and he storms off.
Beat the Clock Challenge: CM Punk vs. Curtis Axel
We go to the ring and out comes CM Punk. Punk must win the match in less than 5:44 to name the stipulation for his Hell In a Cell match against Ryback. WWE Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel is out next with Paul Heyman.
Punk ends up getting the win with 11 seconds left.
Winner: CM Punk
- After the match, Punk picks the stipulation and it will be Heyman and Ryback vs. Punk inside the Cell at the pay-per-view.
- Still to come, Del Rio vs. Bryan. Back to commercial.
Daniel Bryan vs. Alberto Del Rio
We come back from a quick break to Daniel Bryan making his way out. They show a replay of Bryan getting attacked earlier tonight. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio for this non-title match. The bell rings and Bryan attacks with kicks and punches, sending Del Rio to the corner. Bryan keeps up the attack as fans chant his name. Bryan works on Del Rio’s arm now. Del Rio with boots to the face, a big kick and a 2 count. Del Rio with a snap suplex and another pin attempt. Bryan looks to make a comeback but Del Rio cuts him off with kicks and goes for another pin attempt. Del Rio stomps away now. Del Rio whips Bryan hard into the corner and he goes down. Del Rio with more offense in the corner now.
Bryan misses the big dropkick in the corner and Del Rio goes back to stomping away in the corner. We go back to commercial with Del Rio arguing with the referee.
Back from the break and Del Rio is still in control of Bryan. Bryan counters and applies the Yes Lock but Del Rio makes it to the ropes quickly. Bryan works over Del Rio in the corner. Del Rio runs into boots but catches Bryan with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Del Rio stomps on Bryan’s back and we see that Del Rio is bleeding from the mouth. Del Rio with another 2 count. Bryan ends up coming back with a clothesline out of the corner. Bryan goes for the Yes Lock but Del Rio drops him with an armbar for a 2 count. Del Rio comes off the second rope with a dropkick to the face for another 2 count. Bryan unloads with kicks in the corner. Bryan charges but Del Rio moves and he hits the ring post. Del Rio misses the enziguri. Bryan with kicks while Del Rio is on his knees. Bryan runs the ropes and nails a clothesline. Bryan with a dropkick in the corner. Bryan with a top rope hurricanrana for a 2 count. Del Rio with a kick to the face. Del Rio charges but Bryan sends him to the floor. Bryan nails a suicide dive out to the floor. Bryan brings it back in and goes to the top for a missile dropkick and a 2 count. Randy Orton appears on the big screen and distracts Bryan. Orton is outside of the trainer’s room and says he’s going to check on Brie Bella. He opens the door and walks in. We see The Bella Twins and a trainer. Orton shuts the door and they start screaming. Del Rio rolls Bryan up for a 2 count. Del Rio with more offense. Bryan pushes him off and nails a kick to the head. Bryan runs out of the ring to check on Brie backstage.
The referee counts as we see Bryan running through the backstage area. Bryan is counted out.
Winner by Count Out: Alberto Del Rio
- Bryan makes it to the trainer’s room and shoves the door open but Orton isn’t there. The Bella Twins don’t know where he is. Orton suddenly attacks Bryan from behind as the Bellas scream. Referees run in and Orton backs off, leaving Bryan clutching his head. Brie runs over to check on him also. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and The Shield is talking about the main event. Stephanie McMahon and Triple H are also there. The match is now a No DQ match. Triple H says the gloves are off and tells The Shield to finish them. Stephanie gives Triple H a big kiss.
- The announcers wonder if John Cena is returning too early from action. We go to a video looking at Cena’s rehabilitation.
No DQ WWE Tag Team Title Match: Goldust and Cody Rhodes vs. Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns
We go to the ring for tonight’s main event. Out first comes Goldust followed by his brother Cody Rhodes. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes The Shield. We get formal ring introductions. Cody starts out with Rollins and Cody takes control. Goldust comes in for some double teaming and keeps control of Rollins. Goldust with a 2 count. Cody comes in and nails a dropkick for another pin attempt. More tags between Cody and Goldust as they keep Rollins away from Reigns. Goldust with another pin attempt. Dean Ambrose watches from ringside as Cody comes back in and keeps control of Rollins. Cody with a front suplex and a 2 count. Ambrose grabs Cody’s leg when he runs the ropes and Rollins takes back control. Rollins with a low dropkick and a tag to Reigns for some double teaming.
Reigns works over Cody and covers for a pin attempt. Another tag to Rollins, who kicks Cody while Reigns holds him. Rollins mounts Cody with right hands now. Rollins with a back suplex on Cody for another 2 count. Cody goes for an Alabama Slam but Rollins goes to roll him up. Goldust tags in and unloads on Rollins. Goldust with a big bulldog for another 2 count. Rollins turns it around with a kick to the gut. Goldust runs the ropes, misses a forearm shot and ends up on the floor. Ambrose approaches him as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Rollins is in control of Goldust. Cody comes in but has to go back out. Rollins keeps Goldust grounded. Rollins with a clothesline for 2. Goldust reaches for a tag but Reigns comes in and stops it. Reigns covers for a 2 count and goes back to keeping Goldust grounded. Goldust finally fights up and hits a back elbow from the second rope. Rollins runs in and knocks Cody off the apron. Rollins mocks Goldust and comes off the second rope but Goldust catches him in mid-air and nails a powerslam. Cody finally tags in and unloads on Reigns. Cody with the drop down right hand. Cody sends Reigns into the ring post and covers for a close 2 count. Cody goes to the top and nails the moonsault for another 2 count. Cody with right hands now. He nails a Disaster Kick on Ambrose, sending him to the floor.
Cody springboards in with a dropkick on Reigns for a 2 count as Rollins breaks the pin. Goldust gets Rollins and they brawl to the floor. Cody goes for Cross Rhodes but Ambrose attacks Cody and it’s all legal. Goldust comes in but Ambrose send shim to the floor. Cody gets beat down by Ambrose and Rollins now. Reigns gets up but Goldust nails him from behind with a steel chair. Goldust decks Ambrose and Rollins with the chair. Ambrose gets sent to the floor. Reigns grabs Goldust and beats him down. Reigns grabs the chair and waits for Goldust to get up. He ducks a chair shot and knees it into Reigns. Cody and Rollins brawl at ringside. Cody sends Rollins face first into the steps and goes for a Disaster Kick. Rollins catches it in mid-air and powerbombs Cody into the barrier.
Goldust hits an atomic drop in the ring on Reigns. Rollins comes off the top but gets an atomic drop also. Goldust goes low and sends Rollins to the floor. Goldust clotheslines Reigns to the floor next and tumbles out with him. Ambrose rushes over and attacks Goldust. Goldust sends Reigns into the barrier and fights off Ambrose as fans chant “this is awesome.” Reigns spears Goldust through the barrier and the crowd pops. Ambrose looks shocked as “holy shit” chants start. Ambrose puts Cody in the ring and helps Reigns up. The crowd goes nuts as Big Show comes running through the crowd. He kicks a steel chair into Ambrose and knocks him out. Rollins leaps out but Show catches him and nails a knockout punch. Cody is up behind Reigns. Show reaches through the ropes and knocks out Reigns. Cody covers for the win.
Winners and New WWE Tag Team Champions: Cody Rhodes and Goldust
- After the match, Show leaves through the crowd. Triple H comes out pissed off and it looks like he hits Goldust or Cody on their way out of the ring with their titles. Big Show and fans chant “yes” as Triple H looks on from the ring and RAW goes off the air.