* Josh Mathews and Matt Striker hosted the live broadcast. Alberto Del Rio showed up and spoke about being Champion heading into WrestleMania 29.
* A WrestleMania 29 video aired.
* Brodus Clay, Cameron, and Naomi danced onto the stage.
* John Saboor, WWE Senior VP of Special Events introduced New Orleans mayor Mitch Landrieu, who had his own entrance music. “I like it,” he said.
* Landrieu spoke about the incredible run that New Orleans is on. He said they have hosted 25 of the biggest events over the last 14 months.
“We are happy to announce that New Orleans will host WWE’s premiere event WrestleMania,” he said. The event will be held on April 6, 2014 at the Superdome. Vince spoke about putting smiles on people’s faces. He spoke about New Orleans being a city of celebration and how it’s a great fit. “Let the good times roll,” Vince concluded.
* Saboor took the podium and said he works for “a pretty amazing guy and a place where you really do smile a lot.” He praised the mayor of New Orleans. He also said WrestleMania 30 would not have occurred in the Superdome had it not been for the the New Orleans Saints.
* Saints executive Rita Benson Leblanc was introduced. Benson said they’ve been keeping this a secret for some time.
* Truth performed his entrance song and tried to get the people in attendance to deliver the “What’s Up” line.
* Saboor spoke about the WrestleMania Fan Axxess, the Hall of Fame Ceremony, and Raw being held in New Orleans. Saboor introduced the Superdome general manager Alan Freeman.
* Freeman note that they first bid on WrestleMania in 2009. He ran through the recent and the current WrestleMania host stadium. Freeman stated that they are all NFL stadiums and they all sold out for WrestleMania. He noted that they submitted their first proposal in 2009 and waited a long time to hear anything.
* Freeman said they were called to the corporate offices in 2011 and he felt they delivered a strong presentation and asked if anyone had any questions. He said Vince McMahon said he felt he’d seen enough and told them on the spot that they would be the host city.
* Saboor took the podium again and said they intend to work very closely with the partners who had spoken to create pro social events. Saboor introduced Stephanie McMahon.
* Stephanie said Saints quarterback Drew Brees tweeted a rumor about WrestleMania 30 being held in New Orleans. She said they’ve had 9.5 million impressions since then.
* Stephanie said they have a powerful voice and they are anxious to give back to the community of New Orleans. She noted that’s what they intend to do and it’s going to be “one heck of a party, thirty years in the making, WrestleMania 30.”
* Saboor took the podium as Stephanie exited. Stephen Perry of the New Orleans convention and visitors bureau was introduced. Perry talked about the city hosting tens of thousands of people and how he believes WrestleMania 30 will be the most high energy event in WrestleMania history. Saboor took the stage again and introduced a some of the locals who were in the front row and thanked them or their help.
* Saboor introduced The Rock.
* Rock recalled playing for Miami in the National Championship game and losing to Alabama in the Superdome. “I’m not over that yet,” he said. Rock said the WrestleMania for him is unforgettable. Rock said it’s the same for fans and it’s an unduplicated experience for the host city.
* Rock wrapped up by singing “When the saints go marching in” and got some people to sing along.
* John Cena came out and thanked everyone for being there. He put over how New Orleans over adversity. Cena put over the city and the people there clapped. Cena promised to leave them with a great story.
* The Rock came out and shook hands with Cena.
* Other WWE Superstars came out on stage to close the show.