- Tonight’s episode of WWE Main Event opens up from the Canadian Tire Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Tom Phillips and Byron Saxton welcome us to Main Event and hypes the Highlight Reel for later tonight. We go to the ring and Eden is doing the announcing.
Last Man Standing Match for the WWE United States Title: Alberto Del Rio vs. Sheamus
Eden goes over the rules for this match and out comes WWE United States Champion Sheamus. Sheamus takes the mic and talks about beating Del Rio up tonight. Sheamus says once he retains tonight, he’s moving onto Battleground and winning the Intercontinental Title Battle Royal to merge the titles. Alberto Del Rio interrupts on the big screen and says if anyone’s going to unify the titles, it’s him. Del Rio says he’s going to drag Sheamus around the building like the dog that he is. They have more words and Sheamus calls Del Rio to the ring for a fight. Del Rio says it will be his pleasure and goes to the ring.
Eden does formal ring introductions and here we go. They start off brawling in the middle of the ring and tumble out to the floor. Sheamus tosses Del Rio into the barrier and the referee begins the first count. Sheamus with more offense until Del Rio sends him into the ring post. Del Rio tosses Sheamus into the barrier but Sheamus fights back and slams him face first into the announcers table. More brawling on the floor. Del Rio beats Sheamus with a kendo stick after they use the announcers table. Del Rio stands tall on the table as we go to commercial.
We come back and Del Rio is beating Sheamus with the kendo stick in the ring. Sheamus comes back and hits the Irish Curse backbreaker. Del Rio pleads for Sheamus to have mercy. Sheamus unloads with the kendo stick. Del Rio blocks White Noise and hits a DDT. Sheamus turns it back around and hits the forearms on the apron. Sheamus pushes Del Rio off the apron into the announcers table and the referee counts again. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Sheamus is still in control. Del Rio hits him with a kendo stick and superkicks a chair into him. Del Rio with another kendo stick shot. Sheamus fights back but Del Rio hits a big knee to the gut. The referee counts as Del Rio goes outside for another chair and brings it in. Sheamus blocks a chair shot and tosses it. Sheamus with a big powerslam. Sheamus calls for a Brogue Kick but misses. Del Rio nails the Backstabber and the referee counts again. Sheamus counters and nails White Noise. The referee counts both of them now. Sheamus ends up bringing a table in the ring and standing it up. Del Rio with a shot to the forearm and a big enziguri in the corner. Sheamus blocks a cross armbreaker but Del Rio sends him into a chair wedged in the corner. Del Rio applies the cross armbreaker but you can’t win by submission. Sheamus powers up and powerbombs Del Rio through the table. Both Superstars go down and the referee counts. Sheamus makes it up at 9 as does Del Rio. Sheamus immediately nails a Brogue Kick and the count begins again. Del Rio can’t make it up this time.
- Bray Wyatt vs. Chris Jericho is announced for Battleground. Renee Young speaks to Jericho backstage about Wyatt. Jericho says Wyatt reminded him that WWE isn’t all about flashy jackets, it’s about survival.
- Still to come, Bret Hart on The Highlight Reel.
- We get more highlights from RAW.
Handicap Match: Nikki Bella vs. Eva Marie, Natalya, Cameron, Naomi, Rosa Mendes, Summer Rae
This is a 6-on-1 Handicap Match ordered by The Authority. Nikki Bella is out first as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and we see Brie Bella slapping Stephanie McMahon at Payback. Naomi is out first followed by Natalya to a pop. Eva Marie is out next followed by Summer Rae and Rosa Mendes. Cameron did not come out and the announcers point that out. Rosa starts off with Nikki. Rosa with a big shot in the corner and a tag to Summer for a double suplex. Summer covers for a 2 count. Summer goes to work on Nikki now.
Eva comes in and takes over on Nikki, going for a pin. Summer tags back in for more double teaming in the corner. Summer puts a boot to Nikki’s neck now. Rosa and Eva stomp on her while the referee isn’t looking. Summer with another slam and a 2 count. Nikki slaps Summer and clotheslines her. Nikki sweeps her legs and goes for her finisher but Rosa breaks it up. Nikki sends Rosa out to the floor. Eva tags in and DDT’s Nikki for the win.
Winners: Eva Marie, Naomi, Natalya, Summer Rae and Rosa Mendes
- After the match, Cameron runs in and pushes Natalya into Naomi. She hits Nikki and runs out of the ring with Naomi chasing her up the ramp. Natalya checks on Nikki as Rosa, Eva and Summer leave together celebrating.
- Up next is The Highlight Reel with Bret Hart. We go to Network commercials.
- We come back and Chris Jericho is in the ring for The Highlight Reel. He’s happy to bring it to Main Event. He brings out Bret Hart to a big pop. Bret’s happy to make his first Main Event appearance. He says it’s exciting times for WWE and plugs the Network. Bret tells a story about Jericho as a kid. Bret’s glad to be here and the crowd pops before chanting Jericho’s name.
Jericho asks Bret about his favorite rivalries. He mentions his brother Owen Hart, Steve Austin, Mr. Perfect, The Undertaker. He says the one that stands out the most is the one with Shawn Michaels. HBK’s music hits and out comes Damien Sandow as HBK.
Sandow comes out in camo and a cowboy hat, doing HBK’s poses and everything. Fans chant “you screwed Bret” at him. Jericho says Shawn is ugly now and has let himself go. Sandow runs his mouth until Bret drops him with a right hand. Bret applies the Sharpshooter and gets a big pop. Jericho and Bret pose together as Main Event goes off the air.