4/27 Wrestling Cares Results: Los Angeles, California (debut show)
– Maria Kanellis was the hostess for the evening, Larry Legend was the ring announcer.
– Promotion is ran by David Jackson, Les Thatcher & Nigel McGuinness.
– This is the 1st show of the year-long Race for the Ring Tournament. All matches will be set under Ironman Rules and all matches will have a 10-minute time limit. Can win a fall by pinfall, submission or count-out. A DQ will deduct a point from your total. If the score is tied at the end of 10 minutes, it goes to a 3-minute sudden death overtime.
1. Kyle Matthews def. Colt Cabana 2-1 after winning in sudden death overtime by pinfall.
2. Drew Gulak def. Bobby Sharp 2-1
3. Jamin Olivencia def. Ryan Taylor 3-1
4. Davey Richards & Kyle O’Reilly went to a 1-1 tie, thus eliminating them from the tournament.
– At the next show on 6/26, 2 people will compete for the spot vacated by the Richards-O’Reilly match.
– A $1000 check was presented by WCA to the Scott Schwartz Foundation as they donated 50% of the gate to that charity.
5. Pepper Parks def. Vordell Walker 2-1
6. B-Boy def. Jeff McAllister 2-1
7. Steve Anthony def. Caprice Coleman 1-0
8. Adam Cole def. Tony Nese 2-1 in sudden death overtime.