AEW Dynamite Quick Results
May 13, 2020
Editor’s Note: My apologies for the limited coverage tonight. We’ve been experiencing power outages at the house here today as they are working on power lines down the street. We appreciate your understanding, and we’ll be back next week with our usual live coverage.
— Jake Roberts and Lance Archer started the show in the ring. Roberts said he’ll give Brandi Rhodes an apology for attacking her with a snake when she kisses his ass. They continued to trash talk the Rhodes collective until Cody crashed through a barricade in a custom Ford F150. He rushed the ring and brawled with Archer, trading finisher attempts, until Archer bailed up the ramp with his mentor.
1. Best Friends (Chuck Taylor & Trent) def. Jurassic Express (Jurassic Express & Jungle Boy). Good fast-paced match with a lot of impressive tag team combos. Rey Fenix blindsided Orange Cassidy with a flying kick out of absolutely nowhere, distracting everyone. MJF attacked Jungle Boy and threw him back into the ring, allowing Chuck to hit the Awful Waffle to win. Big staredown between Wardlow and Luchasaurus after the match.
2. Hikaru Shida def. Britt Baker D.M.D., Penelope Ford (w/ Kip Sabian) & Kris Statlander in a Fatal 4-Way match. Total chaos in a good way. Lots of nearfalls as there was constantly somewhere to break up pins. Some really impressive spots including a Canadian Destroyer from Dr. Baker, and Ford doing a Matrix backbend into a surprise cutter. Shida picked up the win with a Falcon Arrow on Ford, because Britt refused to stop murdering Statlander with the Lock Jaw out on the floor. She held the hold for a considerable amount of time after the match was over, until referees tore them apart.
— Suge D. talked about Chris Jericho disrespecting him by calling him Pineapple Pete.
3. Broken Matt Hardy & Kenny Omega def. Ortiz & Santana. This was a wild tag team match – although not nearly as wild as the street fight from last week. Omega and Hardy pick up the win with a V-Trigger and a Twist of Fate, respectively.
4. MJF (w/ Wardlow) def. Lee Jones. This was not what the experts would call a “competitive” match. MJF got on the mic after and revealed he had a match with Marko Stunt next week, to prepare for Double or Nothing against Jungle Boy.
— It was officially announced that Nyla Rose will defend the AEW World Championship against Hikaru Shida at AEW Double or Nothing.
5. Chris Jericho def. Pineapple Pete.
— After the match, all of The Inner Circle came out and Jericho cut a promo about how the Young Bucks are at home, Hangman Page has vanished, and The Elite are nowhere to be seen. He challenges Matt Hardy and The Elite to the first ever Stadium Stampede match at Double or Nothing. Basically it’s going to be like the street fight from last week, but they’re going to fight all over TAII Bank Field, where the Jacksonville Jaguars play.
— Several matches are announced for next week including Jon Moxley vs. “10” from the Dark Order, MJF vs. Marko Stunt, and Rey Fenix vs. Orange Cassidy.
— Presenting the TNT Championship at Double or Nothing is… MIKE F**KING TYSON!
6. Brodie Lee def. Christopher Daniels. A slow match with Brodie hitting big power moves and Daniels trying to fight his way back, time and time again. A brawl broke out between the Dark Order goons and SCU at ringside, and Daniels hit the Angel’s Wings for a close nearfall. He hit the BME but it still wasn’t enough. Brodie caught him with a chokeslam and the discus lariat to win.
– After the match Jon Moxley marched through the arena, down to the ring, delivering an ass-whooping to each of the Dark Order goons along the way. He finally hit the ring and dropped more goons with the Paradigm Shift, but Brodie had already walked off with the world title in hand.