Showing 1 of 11
- Asuka vs. Becky Lynch (WWE Royal Rumble) – It’s almost strange looking back six months on this one, seeing where things were and how they turned out. Becky may have won the Royal Rumble later in the night and continued her run as the hottest thing in the game, but she lost to Asuka here on this night, clean in the middle of the ring, tapping out on her back. They tore the house down though, so it’s worth checking out.
- Velveteen Dream vs. Tyler Breeze (NXT Takeover XXV) – This one flew under the radar a bit because it was surrounded by incredible matches we’ll come to later in our list, but on a personal level, I absolutely loved this match. Breeze worked his ass off to prove he can still hang at the “NXT level” and Dream showed a slightly different side of his personality working against him than some of his other recent offerings.
- Andrade vs. Rey Mysterio (Smackdown Live, 1/15/2019) – These two had a few great matches on television earlier in the year, but for whatever reason it never fully materialized into the full-blown program with a major pay-per-view match that fans were hoping for. Based on what they were able to accomplish on TV though, it’s safe to say given a real spot on an important card, they could tear the house down.
- Grizzled Young Vets vs. Mustache Mountain (NXT Takeover UK) – An honorable mention for the NXT UK division, which has been a really fun watch this year, even if they’ve had less opportunities to steal as many shows as their U.S. brethren. NXT UK made its highly anticipated Takeover debut to kick off the year, and the boys from Mustache Mountain mixed it up with the Grizzled Young Vets in what was easily the moust outstanding match of the evening.
- War Raiders vs. The Undisputed Era (NXT Takeover: Phoenix) – The War Raiders have controlled the tag team division for the majority of 2019 down in NXT, and that reign of terror began in January with an awesome victory over Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish of the Undisputed Era.