EVOLVE 125 Results
April 4, 2019
(1) Adrian Jaoude def. Harlem Bravado
(2) Kazusada Higuchi def. Curt Stallion
— Josh Briggs came out and talked about getting seriously injured a few weeks ago, and how special it was to him that the fans helped him out and allowed the EMTs to do their jobs and get him out of the building. He vows to win the Evolve Championship when he’s able to wrestle again. Austin Theory came out and mocked Briggs, saying he couldn’t even move without popping his hop out of place. Theory kicked his crutches out from under him, but it was a ploy because Briggs was able to stand on his own, and delivered a chokeslam to the champion.
(3) AR Fox & Leon Ruff def. Alex Reynolds & John Silver
(4) Anthony Henry def. Darby Allin via referee stoppage
(5) Angelo Dawkins def. Colby Corino
— Dawkins mocked Corino before and after the match, then asked New York if that’s all they had for him during this special weekend. WWN Champion JD Drake came out and the two got into it, leading to…
(6) JD Drake (c) def. Angelo Dawkins to retain the WWN Championship
— The Evolve 10th Anniversary event will be held on 7/13 at the 2300 Arena in Philly.
— Stokely Hathaway came out and joked that he hadn’t been released by NXT yet, and he was there to say goodbye. He said the only reason he got signed was because of Evolve and the Evolve fans. It may be the last time “Stokely” will exist, but he wanted to thank the fans and say goodbye one last time.
(7) Montez Ford def. Shane Strickland
(8) Eddie Kingston & Joe Gacy (c) def. Konosuke Takeshita & MAO to retain the Evolve Tag Team Championships
(9) Austin Theory (c) def. Kyle O’Reilly to retain the Evolve Championship
— Roderick Strong and Bobby Fish ran out and everyone attacked Austin Theory. Strong cut a promo saying that it isn’t right, and KOR should be champion right now. Fish claimed the Undisputed Era started Evolve, but it hasn’t lived up to their vision for it. O’Reilly grabs the mic and warns Theory that this was not the last time they would be seeing the Undisputed Era.