Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a look at The Shield, Ryback, John Cena and Sheamus. The video shifts focus to WWE Champion The Rock and CM Punk.
– We’re live from Nashville, Tennessee as Michael Cole welcomes us. Paul Heyman is waiting in the ring and the fans are booing him. Heyman introduces himself and they boo some more.
Heyman says tonight is the last time we will ever see Paul Heyman. The crowd pops now. Heyman says he will never play the victim role. Heyman talks about everything he sacrificed for ECW and then coming to WWE and seeing Brock Lesnar. Heyman says he sacrificed again and turned Lesnar into the next big thing. Heyman talks about meeting CM Punk and says he saw a man who could carry WWE into the future and even eclipse Bruno Sammartino’s title reign. Heyman says Punk should still be WWE Champion right now. Heyman says he can see into the future and says something really bad is going to happen here. Heyman says he has become a distraction to Punk because of the McMahons obsession with Paul Heyman. Heyman says he can’t let that happen so tonight, he’s tendering his resignation. The crowd cheers.
Heyman rips the fans and says the one thing he won’t miss is the WWE Universe. Heyman says Punk needs to be focused on the WWE Title and he refused to stand in the way. Heyman says Punk is his best friend and he loves him. Heyman says he can’t stand out here tonight with Punk. Heyman says goodbye and the crowd pops big. Heyman stares off until CM Punk’s music hits and out he comes.
Punk pleads with Heyman and asks him what he’s doing. Heyman says he can’t stand in the way. Heyman brings up Vince McMahon thinking he paid off The Shield and Brad Maddox. Punk says Heyman is too important to him and the company as a whole. Punk says the fans admire Heyman but they boo. Punk says he admires Heyman and looks up to him. Heyman says Vince has something in store for them and it will be worse than Vince screwing Punk at the Royal Rumble. Heyman says Punk has to let him go but Punk says no. Punk says everything goes back to normal on Sunday when he beats The Rock. Punk says Heyman will be in his corner. Punk says they are a team and Heyman agrees. Heyman gets loud and says he will be there to witness the greatness. Heyman says Punk is a gift from the heavens. Heyman hugs Punk for a minute or two until Punk’s music hits. Heyman raises Punk’s hand in the air.
– Michael Cole hypes The Rock appearing later tonight.
– Mark Henry is walking backstage. We go to commercial.
Mark Henry vs. The Great Khali
Back from the break and The Great Khali is dancing in the ring with Natalya and Hornswoggle. Out comes his opponent Mark Henry.
Khali takes Henry to the corner and works him over with chops and headbutts. Henry turns it around and hits Khali in the gut. Henry runs into an elbow and a big boot. Khali with more big chops in the corner. Henry fights back and splashes Khali in the corner. Henry drops Khali with a big clothesline. Khali gets up and Henry scoops him for a World’s Strongest Slam and the win.
Winner: Mark Henry
– After the match, Hornswoggle checks on Khali in the ring. Henry comes back and grabs Hornswoggle, laying him out with a World’s Strongest Slam.
– 3MB vs. John Cena, Ryback and Sheamus is announced for tonight. Back to commercial.
– Booker T and Teddy Long are backstage talking about the Elimination Chamber when Chris Jericho walks up. Jericho says he has been in more Chambers than anyone else in WWE history so he should be in this one also. Teddy agrees. Booker says Jericho has to impress him and the WWE Universe. Teddy suggests an idea and Booker says it sucks. Booker says Jericho can be in the match if he can beat Daniel Bryan. Jericho says he’s about to be closer to being a 7-time World Champion and asks if Booker can dig that sucka. Great impersonation by Jericho.
– Vickie Guerrero is backstage on the phone when Paul Heyman comes in. Heyman wants a stipulation added to the WWE Title match at Elimination Chamber. Vickie says not without Vince McMahon’s approval. Heyman tries to talk her into it when her phone rings. It’s Vince. Heyman wants the phone and Vickie puts him on speakerphone. Heyman apologizes for the Brock Lesnar attack and Vince tells him to shut up. Vince wants to know about the stipulation Heyman had in mind. Heyman wants The Rock to lose the title on a count out or DQ. Heyman says he would do anything. Vince wants it in writing. Vince says he can have the stipulation but hangs up when Heyman is trying to kiss up to him.
Daniel Bryan vs. Chris Jericho
We go to the ring and out comes one-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions Daniel Bryan. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and we get another vignette for Fandango. Daniel Bryan is waiting in the ring as Chris Jericho makes his way out to a big pop. They lock up and Jericho goes for a quick roll up. And another. Jericho with arm drags. We see Booker and Teddy watching backstage. Back and forth now. Bryan with a big knee to the gut. Bryan with kicks to the chest now. Bryan drops a knee for a 2 count.
Jericho works Bryan over in the corner but ends up getting dumped out to the floor. Bryan brings him back in but Jericho knocks him down on the apron with a shoulder to the gut. Jericho misses a springboard kick and lands out on the floor. Bryan runs the ropes and nails a suicide dive. Both wrestlers come up clutching their knee as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Bryan rolls Jericho up for 2. Jericho with a clothesline. Jericho runs into a big boot and then takes a big running dropkick in the corner. Bryan counters but gets dropped with a pair of shoulders. Bryan tosses Jericho to the apron but he goes to the top. Jericho comes down and misses. Bryan with a clothesline. Jericho counters and goes for the Walls of Jericho. Bryan counters that but gets dropped. Bryan gets his knees up for the Lionsault. Bryan goes to the top but Jericho cuts him off. Jericho with chops. Jericho climbs up for a superplex but Bryan counters. Bryan shoves Jericho to the mat and comes off the top with a headbutt. 2 count for Bryan. Bryan with knees to the face. Jericho catches one and goes for the Walls again. Bryan fights it but Jericho finally gets it locked. Bryan rolls through and turns it into the No Lock. Jericho blocks that and goes for the Walls again. Bryan blocks it and tosses Jericho. Bryan with a big kick to the head for 2. More kicks to the chest from Bryan. Jericho ducks a kick and rolls Bryan up for 2. Jericho with a sloppy Codebreaker for the win and Elimination Chamber spot.
Winner: Chris Jericho
– Back from a commercial and we see footage of The Shield, John Cena, Ryback and Sheamus from last week’s RAW.
3MB vs. John Cena, Ryback and Sheamus
We go to the ring and Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal are in the ring. Out next comes Sheamus followed by Ryback and then John Cena.
Slater starts things off with Ryback and runs his mouth. Slater dances and shoves Ryback. Ryback kicks him and presses him high in the air for a big slam. Sheamus tags in as does McIntyre. Sheamus attacks and beats McIntyre down in the corner. McIntyre gets his boots up and comes back with offense. Back and forth for a minute. Sheamus with big forearms to the chest on the apron. Sheamus pulls Drew back in the ring and tags in Cena. Drew tags in Jinder.
Jinder smacks Cena. Cena drops him with a right hand. Cena with a slam and a Five Knuckle Shuffle. A brawl breaks out with all six men. Cena hits the Attitude Adjustment while Sheamus hits White Noise and Ryback hits Shellshocked. Cena covers Jinder for the win.
Winners: Sheamus, Ryback and John Cena
– Ryback takes the mic and says he will feast on The Shield at Elimination Chamber. Sheamus takes the mic and says he wants to get some justice tonight. Cena is met with some boos but says yes, The Shield will be here tonight. Cena says The Shield will meet the sword tonight. He tells them to come get some and drops the mic before his music starts back up.
– We get a look back at SmackDown where Big Show was covered in paint. Earlier today, Yoshi Tatsu and Alex Riley were backstage laughing about Show until he appeared and laid them both out. We go to commercial.
– Back from the commercial and out comes Big Show to the ring where Matt Striker waits. Striker starts to ask Show a question but gets dropped by a huge knockout punch. Show takes the mic but just walks around the ring for a few minutes. Show is pissed but just drops the mic and leaves the ring.
– Cole and Jerry Lawler talk about the 2013 WWE Hall of Fame and show us the Bruno Sammartino video again.
– Still to come, WWE Champion The Rock will speak. Back to commercial.
Zack Ryder vs. Jack Swagger
Back from the break and Zack Ryder is in the ring. Out comes his opponent Jack Swagger. Swagger comes out with Uncle Zebekiah Culter, also known as Dutch Mantel. We see Booker and Teddy watching backstage. Ryder turns it around and hits the Broski Boot for a 2 count. Swagger takes back control and drops Ryder on the floor. Swagger dominates Ryder in the ring and gets the win by submission with The Patriot Act.
Winner: Jack Swagger
– After the match, Swagger introduces a great American – Zeb Culter. Zeb takes the mic and asks what’s wrong with America. Zeb says he and Swagger know what’s wrong but most people have forgotten what’s wrong with America. Zeb talks about being in Vietnam and says he is a patriot. Zeb says he sees an America he doesn’t recognize. Faces not like his and languages he can’t understand. Zeb asks how we get rid of these people. He talks about people crossing the border and being a real patriot with Swagger. Wow.
– Booker and Teddy are backstage when Dolph Ziggler, Big E Langston and AJ Lee walk up. Ziggler isn’t happy about Jericho being in the Elimination Chamber match. Ziggler wants in the match so he can put an end to Jericho once and for all. Big E interrupts Booker and makes it known Ziggler wants in the match. Booker says it will be Ziggler vs. Kane for the final Chamber spot tonight.
The Miz vs. Cody Rhodes
Back from the break and here we go with the next match. WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro is on commentary. They lock up and go at it.
Cody turns it around and stomps away, keeping Miz on the mat. Cody with a running knee to the face and another pin attempt. Cody keeps Miz grounded. Miz makes a comeback and drops Cody on his face. More back and forth Miz pulls Cody face first into the apron and they are on the floor now. Moz taunts Cesaro. Cesaro goes to fight but runs into a big boot from Miz. Miz slams Cody into the announce table and into the apron. Miz brings it back in the ring but Cesaro shoves him into the ring post for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: The Miz
– After the bell, Cesaro beats Miz up on the floor. Cesaro picks Miz up by his legs and swings him around, smacking his head into the barrier and the floor repeatedly.
– We get a look at a WrestleMania Reading Challenge event from earlier.
– Still to come tonight, The Rock will speak. Also, The Shield will have a message for the WWE Universe. Back to commercial.
Primo and Epico vs. Tensai and Brodus Clay
We go to the ring and Rosa Mendes is in the ring with Primo and Epico. Out next comes Brodus Clay with Cameron and Naomi dancing. Tensai comes out with them but walks straight to the ring and doesn’t dance.
Tensai starts off with Primo. Tensai uses his strength and drops Primo with a right. Clay comes in but Tensai stops him. Primo tries to stop them both but catches a double headbutt. Clay grabs Primo and tosses him with a suplex. Epico tags in but Clay goes at it with him. Clay with a big splash in the corner and a running headbutt. Tensai comes in and hits the back splash on Epico for the quick win.
Winners: Tensai and Brodus Clay
– After the match, Tensai dances with Clay, Naomi and Cameron. Rosa comes in and gets in Tensai’s face. Naomi tosses her out of the ring and flips over the ropes, landing on the apron. Cameron does a baseball slide kick under Naomi’s legs and sends Rosa back to the floor. The four go back to dancing.
– Up next is The Shield. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns to the ring. They all take mics. Ambrose talks about John Cena threatening them earlier tonight. Rollins says they think they will accomplish something by threatening The Shield. Reigns says if you want us, come and get it. The Shield readies for a fight. Ambrose calls Cena’s threat empty. Reigns says they couldn’t get the job done last week with the whole roster. Reigns says Cena can bring the whole world and they will still be standing. Rollins says Cena failed. Failed last week and fails every day when he gets up and exists.
Rollins says Cena will fail again at Elimination Chamber. Ambrose says that’s right because Cena is a failure. That’s why they don’t like him. Ambrose says Cena is a philosophy. It’s what he fails to do. Reigns says they are the solution to the John Cena problem. Rollins says they have a chance on Sunday to fix a decade of injustice. Ambrose says Ryback, Cena and Sheamus might not walk out of the pay-per-view. They call Cena and friends to the ring one more time. The lights go out and when they come back on, The Shield is brawling with Cena, Ryback and Sheamus. They clear the ring. Cena, Sheamus and Ryback continue the assault on the floor and into the crowd. Cena fights Rollins up the steps until Rollins runs off. Cena’s music hits as he poses with the fans. Ryback and Sheamus have chased off Reigns and Ambrose. They stand with the fans and start a “feed me more” chant.
– We get a look back at earlier when Paul Heyman opened the show.
– Still to come, WWE Champion The Rock. We see World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio walking with Ricardo Rodriguez as we go to commercial.
Damien Sandow vs. Alberto Del Rio
We go to the ring and out first comes Damien Sandow. Sandow cuts a promo on the way to the ring and disses the Grammys. Sandow starts ripping Nashville and country music. Next, Ricardo Rodriguez begins the introduction for World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio.
Sandow strikes first and beats Del Rio down. Sandow hits the Elbow of Disdain. Del Rio with clotheslines and a backbreaker now. Del Rio with a superkick to the mouth for a 2 count. Del Rio ducks a clothesline and goes for the cross armbreaker for the quick win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
– After the match, Del Rio takes the mic and says the talking and games are over this Sunday. Del Rio says then he’s going to WrestleMania and goes back to celebrating.
– Still to come, The Rock. We see Wade Barrett walking to the ring when he’s attacked by Bo Dallas. Dallas tosses Barrett into production boxes and starts hitting him on the floor. WWE officials and security come over but Dallas gets in one more shot before we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get another vignette for Fandango.
Kofi Kingston vs. Wade Barrett
Back from the break and out first comes Kofi Kingston. WWE Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett is out next selling the attack from Bo Dallas moments ago. Barrett dominates most of the match until Kofi makes a comeback from the top. 2 count by Kofi. Kofi with a kick to the face and a high crossbody for a close 2 count. Barrett dumps Kofi to the apron but he springboards in on his feet. Barrett catches Kofi with Winds of Change for a 2 count.
Barrett prepares for the Bullhammer elbow but Kofi ducks it. Barrett ducks Trouble in Paradise and goes to the floor. Kofi follows but Barrett traps him in the apron and nails the elbow. Barrett brings it back in the ring for the pin.
Winner: Wade Barrett
– After the match, Barrett yells for Bo Dallas to come to the ring.
– Ziggler vs. Kane is up next. Back to commercial.
Kane vs. Dolph Ziggler
Back from the break and out comes one-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions Kane. Out next comes Dolph Ziggler with AJ Lee and Big E Langston. The winner of this will get the final Elimination Chamber spot.
Ziggler strikes first with right hands. Kane turns it around and beats him up in the corner. Kane with a 2 count. We see Booker and Teddy watching backstage. Kane with a slam and another 2 count. Ziggler cuts Kane off with a big dropkick. Ziggler turns it around now and takes Kane to the corner. Kane comes back and drops Ziggler on his face and calls for a chokeslam. Ziggler scrambles to the floor as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Kane slams Swagger. Kane with a clothesline in the corner. Kane runs into a boot but knocks Ziggler off the corner and out to the floor. Kane comes out on the floor and Langston stares him down. Ziggler sends Kane into the fan barrier. Ziggler comes in to break the count. Kane comes to the apron and Ziggler nails a neckbreaker. Ziggler drops a bunch of elbow drops now. Ziggler with another 2 count. Kane ends up catching Ziggler in mid-air. Ziggler slides out and nails a big DDT. Ziggler with a 2 count. Kane turns it around for a 2 count of his own now. Kane with a big clothesline in the corner. And another. Ziggler blocks the sideslam and locks in the sleeper hold. Kane tosses him to the mat but Ziggler hits the big leg drop for another pin attempt. Ziggler goes for the sleeper again but Kane nails the sideslam for 2. Kane climbs to the top but AJ gets on the apron and distracts him. Kane misses the shot from the top. Ziggler accidentally knocks AJ off the apron and into Langston’s arms. Kane takes advantage and hits the chokeslam for the win and the final Chamber spot.
– Up next, The Rock. Back to commercial.
– We get an in-depth look at the Elimination Chamber match.
– We go to the ring and out comes WWE Champion The Rock to a big pop from the crowd.
Rock says this is a very special night because not only are we sold out, but he’s been waiting a very long time to say this… “finally The Rock has come back to Nashville.” The crowd chants Rocky. Rock says Nashville is very special to him. Rock is going to tell us why and says it’s story time. He talks about a 15 year old Rock and his family moving to Nashville in 1987. Rock shouts out his high school. Rock name drops Jeff Jarrett. Rock tells a story about buying a car from a crackhead in a bar. Rock says another crackhead was sleeping in the backseat. Rock pulled it over and kicked the guy out. Rock then wondered if the car was stolen. What did he do next? Rock ditched that bitch in a Burger King parking lot and went right to a place called Tootsie’s Lounge. Rock says there’s two points here – never buy a car from a crackhead and don’t be like The Rock when he was 15, doing what he shouldn’t be doing. Rock talks about wrestling locally in Nashville when he was 25. Rock say she’s WWE Champion now and will still be after Elimination Chamber. CM Punk’s music hits and out he comes with Paul Heyman.
Rock compares their earlier segment to a love scene from Twilight. Rock calls Punk a homeless looking vampire boy. Rock tells them to bring it if they want to stack the odds against him. Rock says he will beat Punk’s punk ass at Elimination Chamber and if Punk comes down to the ring, he will beat him around Nashville tonight. Rock gets ready to fight as Punk walks to the ring. Punk stops at the foot of the ramp and talks with Heyman. Heyman says he has Punk’s back. They look to leave but Punk rushes the ring and starts brawling with Rock. Punk takes control in the corner but Rock nails him with a spinebuster. Rock goes for The People’s Elbow but Heyman pulls his leg and trips him. Punk takes advantage and drops Rock with a GTS. Punk grabs the WWE Title belt and leaves with it. Punk goes to the ramp and tells Rock story time is over. Punk says every time Rock wants to bring it, he’s just going to take it because it belongs to him. Punk drops the mic and raises the WWE Title up. RAW goes off with Rock getting to his feet and Heyman telling Punk he’s the best.