New Japan Pro Wrestling has announced the brackets for this year’s World Tag League, the annual round robin tournament featuring heavyweight wrestlers, and the final tour before Wrestle Kingdom 12.
We have several new pairings this year with Sami Callihan making his NJPW debut alongside Juice Robinson, which is an interesting pairing with two former NXT stars who asked for their release and have been killing it outside of WWE ever since. Jeff Cobb (Lucha Underground’s Matanza) will also be debuting as Michael Elgin’s partner, as well as Chuck Taylor who will reunite with his long-time tag partner Trent Baretta.
The World Tag League will run from November 18th to December 11th with most shows being uploaded to New Japan World shortly after they air. The 11/18 show at Korakuen Hall will air live and free, the 11/30 show will air live, and 12/11 at Fukuoka will air live with English commentary for the finals.
– Sanada & Evil (Los Ingobernables de Japon)
– Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens (Bullet Club)
– Hangman Page & Yujiro Takahashi (Bullet Club)
– Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka (Suzuki-Gun)
– Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan (Tencozy)
– Juice Robinson & Sami Callihan
– Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi
– Hirooki Goto & Yoshi-Hashi (Chaos)
– Jeff Cobb & Michael Elgin
– Toru Yano & Tomohiro Ishii (Chaos)
– Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa (Guerrillas of Destiny)
– Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. (Killer Elite Squad)
– Trent Baretta & Chuck Taylor (Best Friends)
– Hanson & Raymond Rowe (War Machine)
– Kastuya Kitamura & David Finlay
– Togi Makabe & Henare