New Japan Pro-Wrestling has officially announced the cancellation of all events between March 1-15 due to recommendations from the Japanese Ministry of Heath.
That includes the annual anniversary tour, and the majority of the 2020 New Japan Cup. It’s unknown whether or not the promotion has plans to run the 32-man tournament at all, as there are still technically 5 dates left in the tour that, at this time, have not been cancelled.
Here’s the official announcement:
In light of recommendations made on February 26 by the Japanese Ministry of Health connected to the new Coronavirus COVID-19, New Japan Pro-Wrestling has arrived at the decision to cancel all live events scheduled between Sunday March 1 and Sunday March 15.
Further announcements will be made at a later date. All ticket holders will be refunded. Please check njpw1972.com and social media in the coming days for details on the refund procedure.
NJPW has reached this difficult decision after careful consideration. Ultimately, the health and safety of our fans, staff and wrestlers is our highest concern. We remain deeply appreciative of your support of New Japan Pro-Wrestling.
- Sunday March 1: Mito Municipal Gymnasium, Ibaraki
- Monday March 2: Big Palette Fukushima
- Tuesday March 3: Ota City Gymnasium, Tokyo
New Japan Cup
- Wednesday March 4: Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
- Saturday March 7: Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium
- Sunday March 8: Baycom Gymnasium, Hyogo
- Monday March 9: Kochi Prefectural Gymnasium
- Tuesday March 10: ZIP Arena Okayama
- Thursday March 12: Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
- Friday March 13: Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
- Saturday March 14: Makuhari Messe, Chiba