New Japan Pro-Wrestling has announced the entire field for this year’s World Tag League tournament, kicking off later this month. In total there will be 16 teams competing, marking the largest number of teams NJPW has ever assembled into one giant block. Here’s the full list:
- Hiroshi Tanahashi & Toa Henare
- Great Bash Heel (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma)
- Tencozy (Satoshi Kojima & Hiryoshi Tenzan)
- Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi
- FinJuice (David Finlay & Juice Robinson)
- Hirooki Goto & Karl Fredericks
- Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI
- Toru Yano & Colt Cabana
- Jeff Cobb & Mikey Nicholls
- EVIL & SANADA
- Shingo Takagi & Terrible
- Minoru Suzuki & Lance Archer
- Zack Sabre Jr. & Taichi
- Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa)
- KENTA & Yujiro Takahashi
- Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens
Much like the annual G1 Climax and Best of the Super Juniors tournaments, the World Tag League is round-robin, which means every team will eventually face every other team in the block. Wins are worth two points, a time limit draw is worth one single point, and of course a loss is worth nothing.
This year’s World Tag League kicks off on Saturday, Nov. 16th in Kanagawa and will take place over the course of 17 events, culminating in the finals on Sunday, Dec. 8th at the Hiroshima Green Arena.
As far as the live streaming schedule on NJPW World for this year’s tournament, the first three events from Nov. 16-18th will be broadcast live on the service, but only with Japanese commentary. Two more shows at Korakuen Hall will also be live on Nov. 28-29th. The rest of the shows for this month will be available later on-demand, and the schedule for December has not been released yet.