Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
— Brian “Brian Reid” Tannen, a former California indy worker who is now working at WWE’s developmental facility in Orlando, FL, is now using the ring name “Tony Briggs” at WWE NXT events.
— The “go-home” final RAW before the WWE SummerSlame pay-per-view will take place on Monday, August 11th from Portland, Oregon. There had recently been some talk that the company was going to hold that RAW broadcast in Las Vegas, NV but that is no longer the case.
— UPDATE: Here are some more recent WWE attendance figures:
* 5/31 WWE House Show – Springfield, Illinois – 4,300 fans
* 6/2 WWE RAW TV Taping – Indianapolis, Indiana – 9,000 fans
— ORIGINAL: As noted earlier, the attendance figures for WWE’s current European tour have been released. The edition of RAW in London, England on Monday was reportedly a big financial success for the company. WWE announced an attendance of 16,991 fans for the event, but there was actually just under 15,000, which was still said to be a legit sellout. The gate was over $1.2 million. This is the largest gate for Raw in quite some time.
Here are the attendance numbers for live events on the tour:
* May 14th in Glasgow, Scotland drew approximately 9,500 fans (sellout)
* May 15th in Newcastle, England drew approximately 9,000 fans
* May 16th in Leeds, England drew approximately 8,000 fans
* May 16th in Turin, Italy drew approximately 7,000 fans
* May 17th in Nottingham, England drew approximately 9,200 fans
* May 17th in Innsbruck, Austria drew approximately 3,500 fans
* May 18th in Cardiff, Wales drew approximately 4,300 fans (sellout)
* May 19th in London, England (WWE RAW) drew approximately 15,000 fans (sellout)
* May 20th in Longon, England (WWE SmackDown) drew approximately 9,000 fans