Ospreay Finally Taking Time Off
Will Ospreay noted that he will be taking some time off to “listen to his body” after dropping the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship to Hiromu Takahashi at this weekend’s incredible NJPW Dominion event.
The high-flying sensation’s health and wellbeing has been something of a hotly debated topic in recent weeks, especially after the damage he put his body through during the recent Best of the Super Juniors tournament. Ospreay had several Best Bout performances in a very short period of time, including the tournament finals against Taiji Ishimori that has been heralded as one of the best junior heavyweight matches in history.
Of course, young William’s definition of “taking time off” isn’t exactly the same as your average person’s, as he still plans on taking a few independent bookings if his body allows it. Ospreay is currently scheduled to face Tyler Bate for the first time ever on June 29th for Fight Club Pro.
Dominon Airing on AXS TV
AXS has announced that they will be airing this weekend’s NJPW Dominion event as two separate two-hour specials beginning on June 29th and wrapping up on July 6th. Here’s the breakdown:
- IWGP Tag Team Titles: EVIL & Sanada (c) vs. The Young Bucks
- NEVER Openweight Titlle: Hirooki Goto (c) vs. Michael Elgin vs. Taichi
- IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Will Ospreay (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi
- IWGP Intercontinental Title: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Chris Jericho
- Rey Mysterio, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin Liger vs. Bullet Club
- IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kenny Omega